At FWMG, we offer a full range of gynecology services, including:
- Annual exams and pap smears
- Family planning, including hormonal methods (oral contraceptives, ring, injections), IUD, Implantable devices and tubal ligation
- Menstrual problems
- Sexually-transmitted disease
- Sexual dysfunction
- Pediatric and adolescent gynecology
- Pelvic pain evaluation and treatment
- Vaginal and urinary infections
- Urinary problems of women
- Problems of the aging woman
- Gynecologic surgery, office-based, short-stay, and in-hospital
- Advanced Laparascopic and Robotic Surgery
We believe in providing sensitive, personal care for every woman in a pleasant and friendly environment. Your questions and concerns are addressed on the same day that you call us.
Depending on the nature of your medical need, you will be assigned to one of our 5 teams for your first visit. Each team includes a board-certified Obstetrician-Gynecologist and a Nurse-Practitioner or Nurse-Midwife. All 5 of our teams provide routine and problem-oriented gynecologic care. One of our teams specializes in care of urinary problems of women. In most cases we can accommodate your request to be assigned to a particular team.
Frequently, your routine or uncomplicated care will be given by your team’s nurse-practitioner. Your nurse-practitioner is highly qualified to do your annual exam, advise and prescribe methods of family planning, and help you with common gynecological problems such as vaginal or urinary infections, menstrual irregularities, STD’s, menopause, and pelvic pain, and can begin the diagnostic process for more complicated problems. She and your doctor work closely together to determine when you need your doctor’s care. This system allows your doctor to be available should you need her for a more complicated problem.